Friday, March 5, 2010

What a girl wants


We are so glad to have all your well-wishes about our adoption, so long in coming. It's twice as sweet to share our little victory with you.

Several of you have asked what we need or if we're registered anywhere. We feel if you are kind enough to be generous to our new-parent cause, you can get us whatever you feel like new parents can't live without. Because what we really need is advice. I would love presents attached to tips. (If you did like my friend Cris Rabbage, who advised me to teach Gianna when I was babysitting to drink baby food through a straw [it's faster and less messy] then you gave me a package of straws, I'd be very happy.)

We have some stuff from when I babysat before, stuff already given, & stuff we bought because we need it right away. If you get Jessica something, make a comment or tell me and I'll move it to the 'have' list.

We now have (this list is updated from time to time):
+ 20 blankets
+ Crib, sheets, bumpers
+ curved changing pad, 1 cover, diaper pail, nightlights, hamper
+ stroller, car seat, pack-n-play, jumper, glider-rocker, swing, bouncer
+ blessing dress
+ diaper bag, carry sling, Snugli carrier, car mirror, car seat toys
+ dresses, shoes, booties, onsies & rompers, socks, mittens, hats, hangers, 6 mo. swimsuit
+ thermometer, baby grooming kit, bath stuff
+ bottles, pacifiers, dishwasher cage, bottle wash stand, food grinder
+ "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" sleep bible, "BabyWise", "Caring for Your Baby and Child", "12 Hours Sleep by 12 Weeks Old", baby memory book
+ some music CDs, stuffed animals, board books

We are looking for: (used and hand-me-down is great!)
- shoes, pants 6 mo.+, hair bows/clips
- dishes, sippies, teethers, feeding chair (no room for a highchair)
- books, music CDs
- church quiet toys, crib toys

and who knows what else, because really, we're in the dark. Tell us what we need to do!

5 comments:

  1. I got a dress, socks, wash cloths, some hand me downs and a healthcare and grooming kit (comes with nail stuff, nose sucker, toothbrush, hairbrush and a few other items) will be sending them soon!! Congrats again and you are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got you a grooming kit (because you just can't live without those...you'd be surprised how sharp those baby nails can get), a white hair bow (for blessing and temple), and a set of receiving blankets (you can never use enough of those!)

    I just saw that Nicole got you a grooming kit too...you can always send it back to Amazon and trade it for something else. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..you could totally trade it in for Baby Wise...it's an awesome book...without such we totally would not have survived Madison's first 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz and Dave, Kim Middleton told us your wonderful news! I am so thrilled for your cute family! I have thought about you guys often and hoped things would happen sooner than later for you! So excited! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete