Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mom to the Rescue

I thought that only women who bore children needed their moms to help out after a new baby arrived. Boy was I wrong!

Dave and I managed pretty well at the hotel in Birmingham, but we had nothing to prevent us from holding her and napping all day. But when we got home, I wanted to get a recital out of the way, Dave was going back to work, and our house was in disarray with all the new stuff. But my mom went right to work helping me set up the nursery, make party fliers, cooking meals, cleaning the kitchen, and of course, holding her first granddaughter. Jessica loved Grandma E, who is a natural with babies, (having had 5 of her own.)

Grandma helped get Jessica ready for church on her first Sunday home in Jupiter. Don't ask me how Mom got her to smile for the camera, but she sure looks sweet enough to eat. Dave will have the baby during church, since I play piano for the Primary kids after the family sacrament meeting (but we'll see how long that lasts before she starts getting "borrowed".)

My mom and I got to talk about babies, family, the whole adoption saga, and everything under the sun. Monday we went shopping at Babies'R'Us and Target and got a baby swing, supplies, bibs, washcloths, and some irresistable dresses.
Tuesday Mom watched the baby while I got some much needed exercise. (Of course, we kept her out of the sun except for the pictures.) It just so happens that Jess and I both have pink skirts; I think we would make a great doubles tennis team.

Thanks for coming to help us Mom!



2 comments:

  1. Liz I am so proud of you and Dave and happy also!!! Everything looks to be going great! I can take back the healthcare and grooming kit since Emily got it too. Just let me know and if there is something else in mind that you can think of I will switch for that. My package will be in the mail in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I did not know you adopted! Oh, Liz, I am so happy for you and Dave--what a blessing and answer to prayers. She looks just precious. I bet you are loving being a new mommy--it couldn't have happened to nicer people (even though I haven't met you, Dave--I knowyou are "good people" because you love my dislixe list . . . that, and you got just lucky enough to marry Liz).

    Congratulations!!! I love you blog,too!

    ReplyDelete