Sunday, April 28, 2013

From the Office of Liz and Dave

We love having a bedroom dedicated as an office/craft room. It is full of stuff we try to keep organized and Jessica tries to disorganize in the name of imaginative play and copying her parents. She often wants to stay in the office with me rather that play alone in her room, which also she frequently "disorganizes". : )

I recently came across three pictures of Jessica that made me realize how much time I spend at my computer desk: Jessica playing with a "family" of forks in October, a winter Sunday dress picture, and her showing off her new "skeweten bones!" gloves which she earned for a potty-training prize in January.


In the six months we've been living on Palmer Drive, I've enjoyed looking out the window to see fall foliage; Jessica playing with the neighbor kids all winter, and the spring peach tree blossoms.


We've made lots of crafts, like stuffing funny pillows for cousins' Christmas presents,


and making kitty party favors for Jessica's birthday.


Besides dragging out all my craft supplies, Jessica also practices knot-tying with my cables and steels my camera to take dozens of pictures & videos.


I taught her early this year how to open Netflix's instant kid movies and pbskids.org to play Curious George games. Now she & Smokey frequently share Dave's chair & keep me company in our cozy, practical office.

No comments:

Post a Comment