Saturday, July 14, 2012

Boring Update

Sorry I haven't posted recently; I've been hunting for a new house to rent. (Our landlords lost their job and we are trying to accommodate them and find a new home a month or so before our Oct. 1 contract ends.)

I also tried to play bumper cars with my car, which totaled my PT Cruiser. It was low impact; no one was hurt. But we had to deal with that; we bought a 2009 black Mazda 5, which I love.

And, we lost power late on June 29 due to the multi-state durecho (straight-line high windstorm), which no one saw coming. We and millions of others were out of electricity for days during a heat wave. They originally estimated we'd be out of power for 8 days, but for us it was only 4. We didn't have a lot of fridge food to lose, and got by with battery-powered fans and borrowing electricity from Dave's car battery via the inverter (Florida hurricanes did teach us something), and driving to places with AC & power.

I have pictures, but getting them off my phone is a task, and this is all I have time for. If I don't post again for a while, it's cause we moving and accompanying Dave on his business trip to TX (early August). We love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your updates, Liz! Keep 'em coming when you get back from Texas!

    ReplyDelete