Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dave's 35 Birthday




For Dave's 35th birthday, he asked for a lathe (the spinning woodworking tool that makes spindles and pens.) I thought he wanted a canoe, now that we have room to store it, but no. (He thought I wanted a mattress for my birthday, but I opted for porch furniture instead. It's just easier to pick out your own present.)

He's smiling a lot in this picture because in the previous photo he held up the numbers "5" and "3" like he was turning 53, which gave me a genuine smile for the "35" picture.


We also got Dave some golf frisbees, which we played later as a family at Peak's View Park. We decided afterward it's too hard to play 18 holes carrying a toddler on your back in the steamy summer forest.



We also got the Wii game Mario Kart, which Dave grew up playing with his siblings on Nintendo.


Dave also got a peach tree, his favorite fruit. We harvest 6 small yummy peaches from it in July. The bugs and birds ate as many, and we lost another 20 immature peaches when I stuffed it in my PT cruiser to bring it home from the nursery. Happy Birthday to a great husband, a caring father, and a good provider.




No comments:

Post a Comment