Thursday, August 5, 2010

Orlando Vacation Part 1: GA Graduation and FL Reunion

Right before our families came to Florida for Jessica's baby blessings, my sister's husband James graduated from the University of Georgia. He earned a doctorate in entomology (bugs) after many years of hard work. They were moving on to a post-doc position in Tuscan.


My parents flew into West Palm Beach and we all drove up to Georgia for the last time. (Dave couldn't come to graduation because he was attending the annual Labview conference in Austin, TX.) 



Then we drove down to Orlando together to a vacation home to party the week before Jessica was to get sealed in the temple to us for time and all eternity.


We cooked for each other (this is a frozen berry chocolate pie that didn't quite look like the picture).


My Grandma and Grandpa Bosen stayed near by and came over to hang out and admire our squealing happy baby.


I challenged my brothers and father to a few games of tennis, and beat them, but only at the risk of disfiguring my face. (I've noticed when I playing tennis with men they can compensate for lack of tennis skills with speed and hitting the ball very hard.) Luckily I was able to back up my trash talk. This picture of my brother Chris' new toed running shoes is the only thing close to a picture.


We also played pool,


swam in the pool, 


and we all got dunked trying to best James in a made-up game of chicken using pool floaties.



And of course we spent lots of time admiring our "super baby"!



She sat in a real high chair for the first time and played with kitchen utensils, which for some reason was a very sweet milestone for me. (We don't have room in our Florida condo for a full-sized high chair, like I grew up with.)


And I love this picture of Chris, who likes to claim he is Jessica's favorite uncle. Crazy guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment